Church Lane Farm

From around 1841 Church Lane Farm was occupied by Frederick Robinson, whilst his elder brother William ran Old Hall Farm.  Their father (also William) also lived with Frederick until the former’s death in 1856. Frederick and his wife Caroline moved in Wilsford in the 1860s.

The next occupants were probably William and Zilpha Freestone who were there in 1871 and 1881.  In 1891-1905 the farm was run by John Doubleday, then (1930-37) Charles Doubleday.  The Doubledays continued at Church Lane Farm until the 1950s.  In the 1960s it was the Harper family.