This seems to have been built in the late 19th century, to serve Brandon Hall. Originally it’s thought that horses and tack were downstairs with the 1st floor living accommodation accessed through a ladder in the kitchen.
German or Italian POWs were housed here after WWII.
Ken King extended the house in the 1960s.
In 1850 the shepherd’s cottage for Old Hall Farm was on this site. By the 1890s this seems to have been replaced by the current cottages.
In the 1960s Toad Cottage was occupied by Walter Lane and Berry Cottage by the Thompson family.
|Brandon Lodge Farm|
|Church Lane Farm|
|Church Lane North|
|Old Hall Farm - 1|
|Old Hall Farm - 2|